Wednesday 12 May 2010

Trimming

While on placement in london i bought all my fabric's and trimmings and buttons for this self directed project.
Suiting fabric came from Textile king on Berwick street, Lining and Buttons came from The Cloth House on Berwick Street, and trimming came from Kleins on Noel Street.
One thing that has come out of this experience of buying fabic in London is that, yes the variety may be greater, and everything is more exciting and new and intersting, but know exactly what quantity of everything you need.
For example i bought 2 metres of trimming frm Kleins, but when i got back to Bournemouth i realised that this was not enough for the entire costume i ideally needed atleast 4 metres, so after many a phone call and emails to and from Kleins to try and get more trim sent to me, this turned out to me more hassle than its worth. I ended up being tempted to go to london to get more trim because it was all a bit too much like hard work for Kleins. When Alison came to the rescue and told me there might be something simmilar in the haberdashery cuboard, low and behold there was waiting for me to find it a trim pretty much almost identical to what i needed.
So the moral of the story is get more than you need, or know exact measurements. I leason i have now learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment